1. Great Vacation Time and Benefits: Most insurance professionals get 15 to 25 vacation days to enjoy away from the office! Just think of all the travelling you can do in 25 days! Insurance professionals also tend to receive great health, life, and dental insurance plans, along with discounts on their home and auto insurance.
2. 401k and Pension Plans: Most insurance companies offer 401k plans, and many still offer pensions, which seem to be disappearing quickly outside of the financial industry. Having the safety of a 401k and pension plan allow you to focus completely on doing a great job today knowing that your financial future is taken care of.
3. The Need for Up-and-Coming, Ambitious Leaders (Like YOU): Because of the aging workforce and many insurance professionals preparing for retirement, there is a great need for strong leaders—which, in turn, presents a tremendous opportunity for career advancement. Insurance is the place to be for young go-getters!
4. A Recession Proof Industry: People will always need insurance. Even with recent years’ downturn in the economy, the demand for insurance professionals has only grown. As long as risks exist, they will need to be managed by the insurance industry, regardless of what the stock market or real estate markets are doing.
5. Not a Flat Industry: There are numerous levels in an insurance company, which means if you work hard, there is ample room for growth and development in your career. For many entry level roles, it is easy to feel like you’re stuck at the bottom of the food chain with no forecast of moving up. However, the insurance industry provides an environment where growth is inevitable.
The insurance hierarchy often looks like this: You → Supervisor → Manager → Associate Director → Director → Assistant Vice President → Vice President → Senior Vice President → COO → CEO. This means there’s potentially 10 levels to get promoted to!
There is no better feeling than helping others and when you work in the insurance industry, helping people is what it’s all about. In insurance, you have the opportunity to help people file their claims, repair their vehicles, get their medical bills taken care of, and rebuild their lives after major catastrophes. You are making a difference in people’s lives — and there are simply no words for how good that feels.